Skip to the content

Our service


Self Referrals

You don't have to report a crime to the police to get help from Victims First Northumbria. You can complete a referral form or contact us directly.

Police and agency referrals

If you reported a crime to the police, the officer who came to see you will complete a needs assessment and, with your consent, pass your contact details on to us so we can get in touch to see how we can help.

Other agencies can refer victims to our services too - we just need contact details and a referral form, and most importantly, your consent.

What happens

When you speak to a VFN co-ordinator, we will ask you a few questions to establish what has happened and how the crime has affected you and your personal circumstances. We will then help you identify the best support for you to help you cope and recover from your experience.