Lead, manage and develop Victims First Northumbria as an independent victim and witness referral and support service, ensuring the provision of high quality support, care and advice with partners to support victims cope and recovery journey through the criminal justice process.
As the Victims First Manager you will manage the delivery of the Victims First services to ensure confidence and satisfaction throughout the whole process.
You must be an excellent people manager providing leadership and direction to your team that encourages positive results and focuses on keeping the victim at the heart of the service.
It will be essential that you maintain and develop a local knowledge of what services are available and we will look for you to proactively address any gaps in service through the development of a multi-agency approach, in order to manage your team delivery.
You will be responsible for the delivery and promotion of effective Restorative Justice interventions where appropriate, raising the awareness of the benefits of bringing together victims and those responsible for the crime.
It is essential for the successful candidate to:
- have a strong customer focussed ethos and be able to instil the highest standards of customer care and service
- develop proactive relationships with internal and external partners that influence positive victim experiences
- be able to manage performance and lead people ideally in a victim led / partnership environment
- have excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular, a confident style
- have some experience in managing budgetary requirements in line with policy and regulatory demands
As the Victims First Supervisor you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the Victims First service provision ensuring that victim care solutions are within service level agreements; and quality standards meet the Victims Code of Practice and individual needs.
You will need to be an excellent people manager who can provide direction to a team
of Victims First Coordinators in order to promote the service positively, delivering care services that focus on protecting those most at risk and acknowledge the experience of each victim as an individual.
It will be essential that you maintain and develop relationships with internal and external support service providers in order to ensure your team delivery.
You will oversee the delivery of effective Restorative Justice interventions where appropriate, raising the awareness of the benefits of bringing together victims and those responsible for the crime.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for ensuring the highest standards of customer care and service are delivered at all times
- demonstrate an ability to simultaneously manage and prioritise multiple workloads of a team within set timescales
- maintain an expert knowledge of policy and procedures in order to effectively manage your team and provide guidance, training and support to staff by proactively monitoring quality
- be able to engage with and influence a range of internal and external partners and groups to meet recovery plan demands
- have excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular, flair for positive representation
As a Victims First Coordinator you will be the first point of contact and your role will be to ensure victims are updated and supported throughout the process. You will assess the needs of individuals and tailor support packages which identify with the specific needs of each case.
You will build local knowledge of what services are available and we will look for you to proactively identify any gaps in service to inform future provision.
In order to keep the victim at the heart of this service it is essential that you:
- have a passion for delivering the highest standards of customer care and service
- take personal responsibility and show resilience when dealing with difficult circumstances
- have excellent communication skills, in particular, empathic listening
- demonstrate the ability to effectively engage with a range of individuals and groups in multi-agency environment
- can demonstrate initiative and innovative solutions to ensure victim satisfaction
- are confident in the use of systems to allow you to maintain accurate records in line with the victims hub framework
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will provide efficient executive support, acting as the primary point of contact for customer relationship regarding the Chief Executive Officer and Victims First Northumbria.
You will be a pivotal member of staff within the team and will facilitate the smooth running of the service by undertaking a wide ranging and varied workload. You will provide a range of administrative support services including the prompt distribution of correspondence, monitoring and ordering of stationery and office equipment and maintenance of systems and processes to effectively and efficiently support Victims First Northumbria.
You will also assist the CEO with financial management, record petty cash transactions, process purchase orders and invoices, liaising with Finance Department to complete alternative payment methods, balancing the VFN financial accounts and invoices.